Monday, January 5, 2009

The key to a loving relationship? Loving Yourself.



I was married for a very long time. 17 years. To a very nice man. He's kind, generous, gentle, and a great father. He was never mean to me, never physically hurt me, and never lied to me. Yet I asked for a divorce. Because I didn't like who I was when I was with him. There was just something about our chemistry, about the way we interacted, that left me unsettled. Restless.  I can't quite place my finger on why or exactly what it was, but the bottom line is that I didn't like myself very much. 

I'm not ex-husband bashing. He's a perfectly nice guy. He's the father of the most wonderful daughter in the world, and he's 50% of why she's so great. He was just the wrong guy to be my partner in life.

The reason that I'm bringing all of this up is that in discovering what it was that made my first marriage so wrong, I discovered the exact thing that makes my relationship with the best boyfriend in the world so right, and here it is:

I love who I am when I'm with him.

Pretty simple.

Again, I can't necessarily put my finger on it. Maybe it's just chemistry. Maybe it's our history. Maybe it's improved communication. Maybe it's the desire to try harder. Bottom line is that there is something about the way Eddie and I are together that results in me liking who I am more than I ever have in my entire life. My self-confidence is boosted. My face literally glows. I'm nicer to strangers. I let people go in front of me in line. I smile more. I love myself. And it's not necessarily just because Eddie is always telling me that I'm beautiful and sexy, or that I'm the best girlfriend on the planet. I think it's because I am driven to be a better person when I'm with him, and being a better person makes me feel better about myself. 

What a wonderful feeling it is not only to love an amazing man, and to be loved by this man, but also, and most importantly, to love myself.




1 comment:

mark jessica said...


My name is Jessica i will like to share to the whole of this miracle that i receive from Dr olokum,i married jackson in the year 2010 since marriage we have been searching for fruit of the womb my mother in-law and father call me all sort of names that am fruitless even the doctors said nothing is wrong with me and my husband, jackson was always assuring me that one day child will come we go to church priest, and perform all sort of rituals but all to no avail. one day in the year 2013 i came across a testimony on how his husband was brought back by one spell caster i decided to consult this spell caster to see if actually did something wrong with me that the doctors could not see, i contact Dr olokum he told me everything that has happen to me and the reason why i could not get pregnant he told me that am under a spell and the spell needed to be broken he actually did break the spell and today me and jackson and i are happy with two kids {twins} as am writing this testimony am an expectant,if you are out there passing through this kind or similar situation i will advice you contact him today on drolokumspelltemple@gmail.com or contact him via +2348161554365