Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Honeymoon Is Not Over


I can hardly believe it, but a month from today, the Best Boyfriend In The World and I will be celebrating two amazing years together. And you know what? The Honeymoon is most definitely not over yet. Sure, there's been moments when we've had disagreements, experienced some hard feelings and said some things we shouldn't have. And more than once my sweetheart has turned to me and said, "So that's it? The Honeymoon's over now?"

No, honey. It's not. Strangely, amazingly, it's not.

Maybe it's because we're still doing that long-distance journey every weekend or so...a long 4 1/2 hour trek to be with each other, but we make the best out of every moment together. Perhaps if we lived together, we wouldn't treasure our time as much as we do.

Maybe we'd start to take each other for granted.

Maybe we'd get so used to being around each other that we'd get bored.

And then again, maybe not.

But here I am, almost two years into the most incredible relationship of my life, wondering how I got to be so lucky that I have a man who gives me everything I have ever wanted, and yet he thinks he's the lucky one to have me in his life.

Really, could it get any better?

Maybe it could.

I sure would like to find out.

No comments: